The Mets took some risks last off-season when they tried to address their broken bullpen. They added Frank Francisco, Jon Rauch, and Ramon Ramirez for a combined $11.65 million, but with the exception of Rauch, the revamp was a failure. Due to Francisco’s putrid 2012 performance as closer, most Mets fans are hoping Sandy Alderson will ink or trade for a high-end replacement. But considering the Mets have so many holes–and seemingly little money, again, to spend–it simply doesn’t make sense to throw big bills at guys like Rafael Soriano or Jose Valverde. That’s why the Mets should gamble on two relievers coming off injuries and subsequent blank 2012 seasons: Ryan Madson and Joakim Soria. Continue reading
- Chase Utley creates opportunity for Citi Field’s first lasting memory
- Three unexciting trades that would immediately help the Mets’ offense
- Curtis Granderson would be a fit with the ailing San Francisco Giants
- Mets should consider swapping Jon Niese for Addison Reed
- Bringing up Conforto now will help Mets better evaluate trade deadline needs
- Mets pass on Aramis Ramirez, but faith in Wright’s return is worrisome
- Why doesn’t Sandy Alderson realize Jon Niese’s value is so low?
- The New York Mets can improve from within, but refuse to
- The Wilmer Flores experiment shouldn’t be viewed as a failure
- Nick Markakis is not the Mets’ savior
- Jenrry Mejia’s Sports Hernia Has Improved His Change Up
- Al Alburquerque Should Be Closing For The Detroit Tigers
- The Savvyest, Smaller Moves Executed This MLB Non-Waiver Trade Deadline
- Bartolo Colon: So What’s The Trade Market For a 41-Year-Old Pitcher?
- The [Mis]treatment of Daniel Murphy
- J.J. Hardy: Where Did All His Home Run Power Go?
- Dellin Betances: The Biggest Success Story in the 2014 New York Yankees’ Bullpen
- Joba Chamberlain is Back, Baby
- New York Mets: Who Is Going to Crack Their 2015 Rotation?
- Should the New York Mets Be Worried About Bartolo Colon?
- 3 MLB Hitters Enjoying Surprising Aprils (And Could Continue to Surprise in 2014)
- Michael Pineda Could Have Done a Better Job Hiding Pine Tar
- Minnesota Twins: It’s Time for the Josmil Pinto Era
- Could the Texas Rangers Be a Fit for Daniel Murphy?
- Ervin Santana: A Potential Bargain for Pitching-Starved MLB Teams
- RT @msimonespn: wow...PECOTA has the Mets at 80-82 and only 4 games from Wild Card #2...interesting! 5 years ago
- American League: Projected Platoons for 2013: With the ever rising cost of offense, more and more t... bit.ly/12iPqm9 #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- How Valuable is Yoenis Cespedes?: Billy Beane and the Oakland Athletics have long been known for ac... bit.ly/1195Tsl #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- What Should We Expect from Mike Morse in 2013?: Mike Morse is the definition of a late-bloomer. Fro... bit.ly/ZZzIuW #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- New Boston Red Sox Closer, Joel Hanrahan, is Not a Closer: At best, Joel Hanrahan is a good relieve... bit.ly/TFx9Ry #TheBeanball 5 years ago