For an organization that refuses to fully acknowledge that they’re in rebuilding mode, the New York Mets made a pretty indicative move by trading ace R.A. Dickey this past off-season. Dickey, who won the Cy Young award in 2012 behind a 2.73 ERA, 1.05 WHIP, and 4.26 K/BB over 233 and 2/3 innings, was traded to the Toronto Blue Jays on December 17, 2012 for a package of top minor league prospects. But considering the next best Mets pitcher in 2012 was Jonathon Niese (3.40 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, and 3.16 K/BB), Mets fans were rightfully worried how the team could possibly fill Dickey’s production void in 2013.
- Chase Utley creates opportunity for Citi Field’s first lasting memory
- Three unexciting trades that would immediately help the Mets’ offense
- Curtis Granderson would be a fit with the ailing San Francisco Giants
- Mets should consider swapping Jon Niese for Addison Reed
- Bringing up Conforto now will help Mets better evaluate trade deadline needs
- Mets pass on Aramis Ramirez, but faith in Wright’s return is worrisome
- Why doesn’t Sandy Alderson realize Jon Niese’s value is so low?
- The New York Mets can improve from within, but refuse to
- The Wilmer Flores experiment shouldn’t be viewed as a failure
- Nick Markakis is not the Mets’ savior
- Jenrry Mejia’s Sports Hernia Has Improved His Change Up
- Al Alburquerque Should Be Closing For The Detroit Tigers
- The Savvyest, Smaller Moves Executed This MLB Non-Waiver Trade Deadline
- Bartolo Colon: So What’s The Trade Market For a 41-Year-Old Pitcher?
- The [Mis]treatment of Daniel Murphy
- J.J. Hardy: Where Did All His Home Run Power Go?
- Dellin Betances: The Biggest Success Story in the 2014 New York Yankees’ Bullpen
- Joba Chamberlain is Back, Baby
- New York Mets: Who Is Going to Crack Their 2015 Rotation?
- Should the New York Mets Be Worried About Bartolo Colon?
- 3 MLB Hitters Enjoying Surprising Aprils (And Could Continue to Surprise in 2014)
- Michael Pineda Could Have Done a Better Job Hiding Pine Tar
- Minnesota Twins: It’s Time for the Josmil Pinto Era
- Could the Texas Rangers Be a Fit for Daniel Murphy?
- Ervin Santana: A Potential Bargain for Pitching-Starved MLB Teams
- RT @msimonespn: wow...PECOTA has the Mets at 80-82 and only 4 games from Wild Card #2...interesting! 5 years ago
- American League: Projected Platoons for 2013: With the ever rising cost of offense, more and more t... bit.ly/12iPqm9 #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- How Valuable is Yoenis Cespedes?: Billy Beane and the Oakland Athletics have long been known for ac... bit.ly/1195Tsl #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- What Should We Expect from Mike Morse in 2013?: Mike Morse is the definition of a late-bloomer. Fro... bit.ly/ZZzIuW #TheBeanball 5 years ago
- New Boston Red Sox Closer, Joel Hanrahan, is Not a Closer: At best, Joel Hanrahan is a good relieve... bit.ly/TFx9Ry #TheBeanball 5 years ago