In the school of hitting-sabermetrics, you are taught a few basic, ideological ground-rules: batting average doesn’t matter for much, being overly aggressive on the base paths results in unnecessary outs, and patience [at the plate] is a virtue. For these three reasons, Juan Pierre has often been the subject of ridicule from stat-head types–myself included. Yet considering Jason Bay (who posted a .165/.237/.299 line and -4.8 UZR/150 in 2011) is slated to be the Mets starting left-fielder again (UPDATE: not anymore), David Wright led the team with just fifteen stolen bases in 2011, and the team has about $11.5 million (after arbitration/contractual raises) to spend on six or seven roster spots, it pains me to admit that signing Juan Pierre makes way too much sense for the New York Mets. Continue reading
- Nick Markakis is not the Mets’ savior
- Jenrry Mejia’s Sports Hernia Has Improved His Change Up
- Al Alburquerque Should Be Closing For The Detroit Tigers
- The Savvyest, Smaller Moves Executed This MLB Non-Waiver Trade Deadline
- Bartolo Colon: So What’s The Trade Market For a 41-Year-Old Pitcher?
- The [Mis]treatment of Daniel Murphy
- J.J. Hardy: Where Did All His Home Run Power Go?
- Dellin Betances: The Biggest Success Story in the 2014 New York Yankees’ Bullpen
- Joba Chamberlain is Back, Baby
- New York Mets: Who Is Going to Crack Their 2015 Rotation?
- Should the New York Mets Be Worried About Bartolo Colon?
- 3 MLB Hitters Enjoying Surprising Aprils (And Could Continue to Surprise in 2014)
- Michael Pineda Could Have Done a Better Job Hiding Pine Tar
- Minnesota Twins: It’s Time for the Josmil Pinto Era
- Could the Texas Rangers Be a Fit for Daniel Murphy?
- Ervin Santana: A Potential Bargain for Pitching-Starved MLB Teams
- Timeline of Nick Franklin’s Shorstop Defense Scouting Reports
- Nick Franklin: MLB Suitors Should Beware of His Defense at Shortstop
- How Much MLB Teams Paid Per Win in 2013
- What Changed the New York Yankees’ Mind About Brett Gardner?
- Atlanta Braves: Is Andrelton Simmons the Next Extension Candidate?
- The Downfall of Not Starting Juan Lagares
- The Baltimore Orioles Are a Good Fit for Ubaldo Jimenez
- Paul Maholm Should Fire His Agent
- 5 Realistic Moves the New York Mets Should Have Made This Offseason
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.